Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Garden of Joy Fiinished

This was 2009 SAL piece with the Friendly Stitchers Group. After starting it, the designer left the group and took the design with her. Then my computer went down and I lost the designs I had saved. Therefore, I put some of my own designs on it and have now finished it. Here it is with the list of what is included in My Garden of Joy.

Stitched by Joyce F

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I actually did something!

I know it's a shock, but I actually got some decent stitching in last weekend and I think I finished 3 partial stars and did 2 or 3 complete new stars  AND i even finished part of the border for the next stripe (Though I didn't take a picture of the stripe progress as, let's face it, a line of red is just not all that compelling.).  In all his glory, here is the star field on ByGone Stitching's One Nation flag:

Happy stitching to all and to all a good day!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

O Holy Night Update

I've made just a little progress on this over the past few weeks.  I must have Spring Fever, cuz I want to stitch on anything but this one! : )  -- Tricia

Friday, May 1, 2015

may day update

It's so hard to believe that today is May 1st! Where is this year going so quickly? (I wish my stitching would catch up!)

This is where I was at the end of March.

This is one of the pieces I brought along on vacation, and I actually did get some stitching done on it. Here is the way it looks today. Can you see my error???
The design is "Stitchers' Resolution" from Heartstring Samplery. I love the colors in this one and am enjoying stitching it. But I realized that I made an error, and I am wondering if it worth fixing, or if I should just carry on.
The row of words in the top row is off by one stitch...it should be one stitch down.
What do you think? Would you change it if it was your piece?
Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress for the month!

May Update

How can the months fly by so quickly? I can't believe April went by so fast, and now it is time to show what little bit of stitching I was able to accomplish this past month. I worked on my bird afghan as often as I could, but still didn't get as much done as I was hoping. It is starting to look a little more like a bird than when I started. Here is the before picture:

And here is what it looked like at the end of the month:

When you compare the two, I guess I made a bit more progress than I thought. But with a new month, comes the next project. I don't know if you've heard me complain about the dreaded Viking ship, but that is the project I'll be struggling with this month. The project is called "Rune Sampler" from Dracolair Creations. I'm making this for my DH. Here is a current picture of this project.

There is a lot of detail in the border, with a lot of color changes, blended needles, and the floss colors are very similar so it is difficult to keep track of which color is which. That is why the floss is parked indicating when that color next shows up. Which means I have to constantly look at the back to make sure I don't capture one of the parked threads. Really makes for slow progress. But I'll do my best, in between my sight-seeing, to get some more accomplished this month.